Here are five steps to help you plan your elopement
So let’s get started shall we?
Congratulations! You have decided to ditch all the unsaid rules and other peoples opinions on how and where you should get married, and instead focus on YOUR way of celebrating love! Thats friikin´ rad! You have decided you want to elope.
- Decide on a location: Choose a location for your elopement that is meaningful to you and your partner, whether it’s a beach, mountain, city, or park. Consider the weather, travel logistics, and any necessary permits or regulations for the location.
2. Choose your wedding officiant: Elopements often involve a smaller, more intimate ceremony, so consider finding a wedding officiant who can personalize the ceremony to your preferences.
Read more on the blog: Stunning winter elopement in Vadstena to get inspired by
3. Determine your guest list: Elopements are typically just the couple and their immediate families or close friends. Decide on the size of your guest list and who you want to invite. Be picky! Include those who resonate with your vibe, your tribe!
Check my prices here
4. Plan your attire: Choose outfits that reflect your personal style and the location of the elopement. Consider the formality of the occasion and the expected weather.
5. Plan the details: Decide on any additional elements you want to include in the ceremony, such as music, readings, hand fasting or special traditions/ things typical for you.
You may also want to hire a photographer or videographer to capture your day. Because, let’s be honest, just because you are doing an elopement doesn’t mean it’s less important or less festive. The day certainly is worth capturing to go back and remember. Or for your kids to look at when you are not around any more.
You want more inspo? Great! Go follow me on Instagram